Founded in 2003 GMA – Georgian Museums Association is a National Service organization working for museums and museum professionals in Georgia.
GMA is committed to support and enhance development of museum field in Georgia on the national, regional and international level.
GMA contributes to the both, creating capacity for museum sector and raising of public awareness of museum as a catalyst for social and economic development.
In order to achieve its goals GMA closely collaborates with national and European museum institutions and the network of international museum organizations ((ICOM, UNESCO, NEMO, IIIM, EMF, Europa Nostra, Blue Shield, NML, LORD cr, KulturAgenda etc.) and with public and private bodies to support museums at all levels.
- GMA has active role in elaboration of museum policy in Georgia to create healthy environment for the field;
- GMA makes mediation for Georgian museums and museum professionals with South Caucasus region museums and the European museums to ensure the sustainable development of the field in the country;
- GMA fosters Georgian museums in their aim to have active networking and collaboration with each other;
- GMA strongly empowers Georgian museums to unveil their educational, social and economic role;
- GMA reinforces museums to be integrated into the world museum community.